Monday, January 19, 2009

Menu Plan Monday!


Well this week is going to be pretty hectic - so you'll be seeing A LOT of stuff I have in the freezer being used! Not much creativeness going on this week - sorry! Once again, we're doing Org Junkie's MPM (Meal Plan Monday!) Check her out when you get a chance)!




Monday - Green Bean Casserole (Frozen - made about a month ago on Casserole Day) - Green Beans (.66 cents), Cheese (1.49), and Pasta(.75 cents). Total: $2.90

Tuesday - Swanson Frozen Dinners (ugh I hate these!) $1.00 a piece Total: $2.00

Wednesday - Pasta with sauce - Pasta (.75 cents), Sauce (homemade -1.25) Total: $2.00

Thursday - Chicken 'N' Dumplings - Chicken (1.99/lb - used 1 lb.), Dough (.50 cents), Spices, etc. (.50 cents) Total: $2.59

Friday - Homemade Pizza (pre-frozen, made 2 weeks ago!) Dough (.50 cents), Sauce ($1.25), Toppings (1.25) Total: $3.00

Saturday - Potluck dinner - I'm bringing Little Snowballs (traditionally made around Christmas, I'm making them with a spring feel for the "Almost Spring Potluck" and I'll be dipping them in cocanut flakes died with green and pink food coloring) Total: $2.50

Sunday - Spaghetti and Meatballs - Spaghetti (.75 cents), Meatballs ($1.99) Total: $2.74

Total for the week: $17.73

I stayed under my $3 a meal goal even in a rushed week - lets hope!

0 comments: