Friday, January 2, 2009

Frugal Friday

Welcome to another edition of Blinkie Maker




Recently I was scanning through some of my favorite blogs and looking in some of my favorite message boards, when I stumbled across a post by Lynnae at Being Frugal on how she saves money on her wwekly groceries - buy using something called The Grocery Game. I had recently read about The Grocery Game in the local paper - and headed on over to the website to sign up - to my dismay tyou had to pay to become a member :( , so I left the site - knowing I could just use A Full Cup's or Coupon Mom's list - that was until I came across the post from Lynnae where she highly recommended signing up - and of course they had a $1.00 trial for 4 weeks (instead of the usual $5.00 for 4 weeks OR $10 for 8 weeks) - so I've been considering signing up. I'm not sure - what do you think? You can head on over to http://www.thegrocerygame.com/ and tell me what you think!



Anyway - back to the topic of Frugal Friday - I was reading an article at Simple Moms onhow she plans her meals every week - she uses Google Calendar and uses a bookmark service to bookmark all the recipes she finds on the web. So when she's planning her meals for the week she can log onto her Google Calendar and then log onto her bookmarks and figure out what she wants to do with what meals. Well - I figured why not post my meal plans like that (don't worry - this is only to supplement Org Junkie's MPM) - with the recipes and all - and have you (the readers) be able to view my calendar? Starting next MPM (January 5th) we're going to start posting the meal plans, links to the recipes, and how much the meal costs in Google Calendars! Be sure to check back here on Monday!



You may be wondering what this amazingly long post has to do with Frugal Friday - well on top of my goals for the year (of saving at least $5000) I would like for the total cost of my whole meal NOT to exceed $3.50 - thats right the whole meal to not exceed $3.50 - of course this doesn't include Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Families Birthdays - but yes... thats my goal!



Hope you enjoyed today's post I'll try to post some freebies later today!

0 comments: